Thursday, August 7, 2008

Why I Loved This Year's RWA Conference, Part IV

Highlight #4: Learning from Pros

While I couldn't attend all of the educational sessions I wanted (and, literally, because some were packed and fire marshalls limited the number of people in each room), the sessions I did attend were excellent.

One in particular that I alluded to before was "Emotion, Emotion, Emotion: Writing Romance with Global Appeal. After the packed session for "Instant Seduction," I expected this room to be full as well -- but it wasn't.

The session was taught by Harlequin Romance authors Barbara Hannay, Jessica Hart and Barbara McMahon as well as M&B editor Lucy (Brown) Gilmour.

I think one of the most important things I have learned over the past year while studying M&B romances is the importance of packing emotion into the stories. This session really solidified that point for me.

More later . . .

BKB :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment