Sunday, August 3, 2008

Why I Loved This Year's RWA Conference, Part Deux

Highlight #2: Meeting Mills&Boon Editors

More than a year ago, I decided that I wanted to write for Harlequin Romance. I have spent my time reading and studying the lines . . . and writing.

I wanted to meet the editors so they could put a face to my name when I submitted. "Hey, here's that crazy American's submission."


Through a bid on Brenda Novak's auction for Diabetes, I was fortunate enough to sit with Suzanne Clarke during a lunch on Wednesday. I also met editors Lucy Gilmour and Sally Williamson (pictured below).



(The above picture was taken from the Pink Heart Society blog.)

All three were very knowledgeable and fun to meet. It was also nice to see the camaraderie among editors and authors.

I think the one thing I carry away from my conversations is the word E-M-O-T-I-O-N. If you want to write for Mills&Boon, emotion is what they want to see and feel. More on this in my next post.

BKB :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment