Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Best of 2008

Best Book

This is the best book that I read in 2008 and not necessarily published in 2008.




It took me almost 2 years to sit down and read Twilight. And I am sooooo glad I waited. Because, if I had read it then, I wouldn't be able to read the next three books in the Twilight series back-to-back-to-back. I have finished New Moon and have moved on to Eclipse.

Twilight has been described as a love story between a teenager and a vampire. And, when my friends described it to me as such, I was like: Okay, I've read enough vampire love stories.

I agree with the above description but Stephenie Meyer's story is so much more than that. It is not what a reader would expect at all and that's what makes it a great read. For one thing, there is awesome banter between Bella and Edward. But, I think what makes the story a true romance is that Edward is nearly unattainable and oh-sooooo Alpha.

The other great thing about waiting 2 years to read Twilight is that I don't have to wait to see the movie. (Can you tell I am not good with delayed gratification?)






Up Next: Best Storyline that Ended Quickly.

BKB :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment